[:en]SETTING REVERSE DNS RECORDS FROM OUR CONTROL PANEL.
Why its important.
Lets say you are a customer and you have a dedicated server with us from which you would like to send mail.
If you dont configure rDNS records for the servers responsible for sending emails, there is a 100% chance the email will be flagged as SPAM, the emai lwont reach the intended person and most important, the IP addresses sending email will be added to more than one DNSBL, RBL, blacklists, and so forth.
For this reason it is important to configure rDNS for any server sending emails.
We have automated this process, in which clients now dont have to open support tickets in order to get this done, it an all be done directly form the ControL Panel available here.
1. The first thing you need to do is to login to your Contro Panel at https://support.swisslayer.com/index.php?/clientarea/ with your registered email and password.
2. Once you are logged in, you must identify the service fo which you want to add rDNS records. Click on the service you want.
3. Once you do this, you will see the following image: Click on “Reverse DNS”
4. Once you click on Reverse DNS, you will have the option to ad the records you need.
5. Once you have added your records, you then need to “Update Reverse DNS” in order for this to be added.
NOTES: This function is NOT available for IP’s in the following ranges: 18.104.22.168/22 and 22.214.171.124/22. It will be added soon.
For any other IP address space, you are welcome to open a ticket regarding rDNS recor d creation.